We love nature and we’re very passionate about preserving this beautiful place we live in. We run our races with zero waste in mind and we try very hard to reduce, reuse and recycle to cut down waste.
- We provide recycling bins on site for paper, plastic, glass as well as compost bins to collect food scraps.
- We partner with other events to share supplies such as tents, signage, cones, etc.
- We buy food in bulk to minimize packaging, and we don’t use disposable bags in our shopping trips.
- We use bio-degradable cleaning agents and hand sanitizers made of all natural, non-chemical based ingredients that are gentle on the planet.
- We use signs and clip on streams that are reused from race to race.
- We communicate almost exclusively with the race community via email and online newsletters to reduce paper waste.
- We work with volunteer organizations such as the Washington Trails Association, Friends of Capitol Forest, Friends of Lord Hill and rangers to maintain and build new trails.
- We encourage carpooling.
Being green is something we care deeply about and we continuously learn and improve the process as we go. If you have any suggestions for optimization please do send it our way!
“Man does not weave this web of life. He is merely a strand of it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.” ~ Chief Seattle